Hosting Services Definition
A hosting service entails saving and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server hosted by a hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a look at these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to own a weblog, email accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service offered by given vendors, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage packages frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally fallacious interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud hosting environment would distribute the workload between independent hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different hosting services (email, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting kind is good if you want to share an immense number of images with pals or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your email addresses. Some companies provide hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to run as many video files as you desire without bothering about system quotas.
- Hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to have a site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, etc. At WiseHost.ca you can view shared hosting and dedicated package solutions that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared web hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific content only.